WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

EnterMetallica - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* EnterMetallica > Topics

Subject: LARS COMMENT ON DEATH MAGNETIC
Replies: 5 Views: 1241

metalb0y 24.01.09 - 08:58pm
eKqXE3V0TTyDHDTyD208.jpg Here is Lars' comment on Death Magnetic's sound issues... 'There's a lot of the rock generation who have aged and who are now in their 40s, and who are still holding on to what was 20 or 30 years ago, and I don't fault that, whatsoever. But obviously compression plays a different role in music and mixing and mastering than it did 20 years ago or 30 years ago. And obviously, MP3s and online services and downloads it's a different game than it was. So obviously things sound different. You know, there's no right or wrong here. It's truly about tastes, and it's truly about what people prefer' *

metalb0y 24.01.09 - 09:00pm
Lars Also went on to say... 'A METALLICA record is too loud for people? That's a statement in itself. The irony of that. Welcome to the world of digital recordings, compression overload, MP3's. People are moving in a different direction and things are becoming more linear, less dynamic. We can't put out records for every niche in our fan base. We attract such a diverse group of people, we can't please everybody. METALLICA has made career out of doing what we need to do for ourselves I love the way the alb*m sounds. Rick pushed it as far as he needs to go. Did he push it too far, farther than some people wanted? Absolutely. In a world of compression, maybe it's too hot for some people. But there is some perverse beauty in knowing that a METALLICA record is considered too loud.' *

metalb0y 24.01.09 - 09:03pm
Since When are things becoming less dynamic? age of compressions? wtf Lars. And FINALLY he Admits it, when asked did Rick push it too far he replies 'absolutely' so why is he defending it then? since when is something thats been pushed too far good? lars your comments are getting worse & worse *

metalb0y 24.01.09 - 09:07pm
What Lars doesn't understand is that its not only Compression thats the prob, the alb*m CLIPS, It distorts, the drums distort, the vocals get distorted. That is not normal. Death Magnetic was not artistic choice it was a alb*m dynamically killed by Rick Rubin, the sound was raped and Lars is trying to defend it since its his band *

dannyps3 24.01.09 - 11:27pm
Exactly dude i agree. I just wish they'd have released it not clipping then it would have been a pretty much perfect album. I really hope they don't use rick rubin again for mixing. *

metalb0y 25.01.09 - 08:09pm
Metallica's big mistake was when they finished recording they left for a tour and left the Master tapes to Rubin and his crew to mix. Metallica should of been present during mixing and mastering sessions. I bet they learned from that! *

* EnterMetallica Forum

Search:
topics replies

* EnterMetallica

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search